After talking to numerous clients from various industry backgrounds with a diverse set of SAP systems, a common discussion topic kept appearing:
‘we need to reduce the number of SAP instances, the number of systems (modules) duplicating the same business processes, reduce the complexity of the interfaces between these systems & standardise on the SAP versions’.
What became apparent is the complexity some clients have to operate & manage a business with these IT systems. The need to reduce ongoing operating expenditure & increase the flexibility and agility of business driven system changes, was a key priority for many people.
These issues can be addressed by a modernisation process of harmonisation & consolidation … utilising a structured methodology to assess, design & then implement a set of consolidation projects to deliver the following:
- Harmonize applications and platforms onto industry recognized standards.
- This will drive down the complexity of AMS support services.
- Reduce licensing & operating costs, with fewer providers to manage.
- Allow more efficient collaboration of business processes across departments & companies – increasing business change agility & flexibility.
- Reduce the compliance & security risks of unsupported environments & platforms.
- Specific technology solutions such as SAP SNP – and other market leading consolidation tools.
- Enables a move to ‘Dynamic hosted’ services.
These Modernisation projects are sometimes viewed as a ‘business risk’ but with T-Systems experience in SAP H&C projects, coupled with market leading tools, the benefits of change will out way the risks.